Monday Night League Rules
- All participants including substitutes must be members of McLeansboro Golf Club in order to be eligible for competing in any league matches.
- If your team cannot participate on a particular Monday night, it is the responsibility of one of the team members to contact their opponents to reschedule. No call, no show will not be allowed! A team that violates this policy will forfeit the match resulting in 0 points for the week and the opponents will receive 30 points.
- In the event that your team cannot participate in a particular match, it is your responsibility to reschedule the match prior to or within the week following the scheduled date of the match. If your teammate cannot participate prior to the scheduled date of the match or within that week, it is your responsibility to find a substitute. The team that cannot reschedule within these time constraints shall forfeit resulting in 0 points and the opponents will receive 30 points.
- In the event that a team withdrawals from the Monday night league, all matches following the withdrawal date with that particular team will be considered a bye resulting in 30 points for the week.
- Time is of the essence during Monday night league especially when daylight hours are limited. All participants should maintain a pace of play in that the spacing between groups is comparable. A group that is not keeping within the pace of play will be warned, if continued, a 2 point deduction will be assessed for every hole that is open between the groups.
- Seniors (age 60 – 69) will tee off from the yellow tee boxes. Seniors (age 70 and older) will tee off from the red tee boxes.
- Your initial handicap will be determined by the previous year’s league scores if you participated. If not, it will be determined either by your SIGA handicap or calculated by submitting scorecards for at least five rounds of golf. During the first four (4) weeks, your scores will be replaced with the score you shot for that particular week. Therefore, your handicap will be solely based on your league scores following the fifth week. Your handicap is calculated by a Microsoft Excel formula.
- Seniors handicaps will be in accordance to the USGA handicap conversion to account for the change in tee boxes. For anyone that has questions on this process, please contact Jim Bowling.
LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!